Financial PlanningHelping you map out your financial life - a detailed road map to get there, and a guide to help you stay on track.
Evidence-based investment solutions tailored to your plan in a cost-effective and tax-efficient way.
Multi-year strategic planning to minimize taxes over your lifetime.
My services and expertise are ideal for people who have the following questions
- How much do I need to have saved up to retire comfortably, and stay comfortably retired?
- How much should I be saving on a regular basis, and where should I be saving it (RRSP, TFSA, other)?
- How do I manage my debt effectively while saving for my retirement goals?
- How suitable are my investments? Can I reduce fees or find ways to improve my portfolio for the long-run?
- How do I best utilize other sources of income like Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) in retirement?
- Can I afford my 'bucket list' items and what is the ideal way to fund these in retirement?
- How do I prepare myself for unexpected or 'one-off' expenses in retirement?
- Can I eliminate or reduce the risk that my plan gets thrown off track by sickness or death?
- How to I make sure I am not overpaying in taxes, both today and in the long term while I am retired?
- How do I manage building wealth as a business owner?
- How do I pass wealth to my children or charity most effectively and in a way that reflects my values?
One-Time Financial Planning Fees
|For clients who are looking for help with some specific retirement questions, I offer hourly financial planning services. Engagements are based on my hourly rate of $200 per hour. Fees are estimated and capped in advance. |
For example, if I believe the work will take 6 hours, the price of the engagement will be $1200. I will cap the price of the engagement at that level. All deliverables, meetings, follow-ups, edits to the work, and discussions are included in that price.
Ongoing Financial Planning and Investment Management Fees
|Assets Managed by Walhout Financial||Annual Fee (% of assets managed)|
|$1 - $500,000||1.00%|
|$500,001 - $1,000,000||0.75%|
|Fees include all financial planning services and management of investments on an ongoing basis. Clients have unlimited access to my services in person and by telephone/email/web conference. |
Fees are calculated on a tiered basis. For example, if a family has $600,000 invested with Walhout Financial, their annual fee is calculated as 1% times $500,000, plus 0.75% times $100,000. The fee is $5,750 for that year. The fee is calculated monthly and varies with the value of your account. Cost of investment products is additional.
I use index funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors that cost between 0.3% - 0.45% per year.