Retirement PlanningHelping you map out your perfect retirement - a detailed road map to get there, and a guide to help you stay on track.
Evidence-based investment solutions tailored to your plan in a cost-effective and tax-efficient way.
Multi-year strategic planning to minimize taxes over your lifetime.
My services and expertise are ideal for people who have the following questions
- How much do I need to have saved up to retire comfortably, and stay comfortably retired?
- How much should I be saving on a regular basis, and where should I be saving it (RRSP, TFSA, other)?
- How do I manage my debt effectively while saving for my retirement goals?
- How suitable are my investments? Can I reduce fees or find ways to make my portfolio a better fit for me?
- How do I best utilize other sources of income like Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) in retirement?
- Can I afford my 'bucket list' items and what is the ideal way to fund these in retirement?
- How do I prepare myself for unexpected or 'one-off' expenses in retirement?
- Can I eliminate or reduce the risk that my plan gets thrown off track by sickness or death?
- How to I make sure I am not overpaying in taxes, both today and in the long term while I am retired?
- How do I manage building wealth as a business owner?
- How do I pass wealth to my children or charity most effectively and in a way that reflects my values?
Ongoing Financial Planning and Investment Management Fees
|Value of Investment Assets Managed by Walhout Financial||Annual Fees Calculated as a Percentage of Assets Managed|
|Investments Valued up to - $500,000||1.00%|
|Investments Valued between $500,000 and $1,000,000||0.75%|
|Investments Valued above $1,000,000||0.50%|
|Fees include all financial planning services on an ongoing basis. Clients have unlimited access to my services in person and by telephone/email/web conference. Fees are calculated on a tiered basis. Ie. A family has $650,000 invested with Walhout Financial, their annual fee is calculated as 1% times first $500,000 invested, plus 0.75% times next $150,000 invested. This totals $5000 + $1,125 = $6,125 per year. Cost of investment products is additional. I use index funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors that cost between 0.3% - 0.45% per year.|