Financial PlanningHelping you map out your financial life - a road map to get there, and a guide to help you stay on track. The primary goal that I help clients work towards is retirement planning - making sure that you have enough income in retirement so that you can stay comfortably retired.
Evidence-based investment solutions tailored to your plan in a cost-effective and tax-efficient way. Most Canadian investors pay more in investment fees than they need to, and their investment portfolios are not as diversified as they should be. I help clients build long-term investment portfolios that aim to solve these issues.
My services and expertise are ideal for people who have the following questions
- How suitable are my investments? Can I reduce fees or find ways to improve my portfolio for the long-run?
- How much do I need to have saved up to retire comfortably, and stay comfortably retired?
- How much should I be saving on a regular basis, and where should I be saving it (RRSP, TFSA, other)?
- How do I manage my debt effectively while saving for my other long-term goals?
- How to I make sure I am not overpaying in taxes, both today and in the long term?
- How do I build an estate plan that will allow me to take care of my loved ones in case something happens to me?
- How do I incorporate concentrated business wealth or employee stock holdings into my personal financial plan?
- How do I best utilize other sources of income like Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) in retirement?
- Can I afford my 'bucket list' items and what is the ideal way to fund these in retirement?
- How do I prepare myself for unexpected or 'one-off' expenses?
- Can I eliminate or reduce the risk that my plan gets thrown off track by sickness or a death in my family?
Investment Management Fees
|Assets Managed by Walhout Financial||Annual Fee (% of assets managed)|
|$1 - $500,000||1.00%|
|$500,001 - $1,000,000||0.75%|
|$1,000,001 - $1,500,000||0.50%|
|Amounts over $1,500,000||0.35%|
|Fees include all financial advice services and management of investments on an ongoing basis. HST is added to Investment Management Fees.
Fees are calculated on a tiered basis. For example, if a family has $600,000 invested with Walhout Financial, their annual fee is calculated as 1% times $500,000, plus 0.75% times $100,000. The fee is $5,750 for that year plus HST. The fee is calculated monthly and varies with the value of your account. Cost of investment products is additional.
I use portfolios from Dimensional Fund Advisors that cost between 0.3% - 0.45% per year.
Accounts managed by Walhout Financial are held at Investia Financial Services Inc. Click here for more information about Investia.