- Helping you clarify your life goals and breaking them down into actionable steps from a financial perspective
- Making sure that you are not setting yourself up to overpay in taxes, both in the short and long term
- Implementation of a low-cost, broadly diversified, global portfolio tailored for your specific needs and risk tolerance across all of your family's accounts
- Detailed quarterly portfolio reporting and review
- Regular meetings and ad-hoc advice when needed to make sure that your plan adapts to changes in your life and that you remain on track
What’s it like to work with me?
My clients value clarity, simplicity, and plain-English advice.
With your goals constantly in view, I will help you build a clear path to achieve them and present that plan to you in a way that is professional, evidence-based, and understandable.
I use broadly-diversified low-cost funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors for your investments.
I charge an annual advice fee which is calculated as a percentage of the assets you have invested with Walhout Financial.
Fees range between 0.25% per year and 1.5% per year
Fees vary based on the amount of assets you have invested and the level of service required to meet your needs. Fees are agreed upon when we start working together, and are revisited annually to make sure they are appropriate moving forward.
I aim to offer clients lower fees than what they are used to experiencing through traditional investment and advice channels in Canada, with more value added.
When you work with me, your accounts are set up with Investia*, my mutual fund dealer and custodian. Your assets are held in trust by Investia, not Walhout Financial.
* Investia is the largest non-bank-owned independent mutual fund dealer in Canada, with $29B in assets under administration. Investia is wholly owned by iA Financial Group based out of Quebec City, QC - the fourth largest insurance company in Canada with $172B in assets under management.