- Family financial goal-setting
- Retirement income strategy
- Evidence-based investment strategy
- Investment custody at Investia Financial Services
- Ongoing advice and support in times of stress
What’s it like to work with me?
I place a high value on clarity, simplicity, and plain-English advice.
With your goals constantly in view, I will help you build a clear path to achieve them and present that plan to you in a way that is professional, evidence-based, and understandable.
I use low-cost mutual funds and charge an annual advice fee that is payable from your investment accounts.
For amounts up to $500,000, my annual advice fee is 1% of assets under management per year.
For amounts above $500,000, my annual advice fee is 0.5% of assets under management per year.
Minimum household investment is $250,000.
The advice fees are in addition to the management costs of the mutual funds, which are between 0.4% and 0.46% per year.
When you work with me, your accounts are set up with Investia*, my mutual fund dealer and custodian. Your assets are held in trust by Investia, not Walhout Financial.
* Investia is the largest non-bank-owned independent mutual fund dealer in Canada, with $29B in assets under administration. Investia is wholly owned by iA Financial Group based out of Quebec City, QC - the fourth largest insurance company in Canada with $172B in assets under management.