Welcome to episode 4 of Retire Me.
Today we talk about strategies that retirees can use to lower their tax bills in retirement. We touch on topics including:
- the types of income that can be split or shared in retirement
- tax credits (coupons) that are available to retirees
- how CPP sharing is different than income splitting
- how a retired couple with $100k of family income can save 25% on their tax bill in the first year of retirement using income splitting and tax credits
- Mark talks about his great skiiing adventure from Sunday with Sarah and the kids :)
Zoey's first ride on the chair lift with the whole family (** I have no idea why I can't rotate this, but that's us!!**)
The information in this material is not intended as investment, tax, or legal advice. Please consult your advisor or tax professionals.