Welcome to Retire Me Episode 4!
Welcome to Episode 4 of Retire Me
Today we talk about building a portfolio for retirement and touch on such topics as:
- why the portfolio you have before retirement as you are working and saving should look different than the one you bring into retirement
- the role of stocks and bonds in their portfolio
- the impact of volatility on your portfolio as you are saving and its impact when you are beginning to draw income from your portfolio
- why time and earning an income and having the ability to save are superpowers
- why you should increase you bond allocation as you approach retirement
- what is a reasonable asset allocation for retirees
- how to handle large one-time expenses in retirement
- The 4% withdrawal rule and it's usefulness going forward
- When you might be able to take less or more than 4%
- Why flexibility and constantly checking your retirement portfolio against your goals and needs is critical in retirement
Resources Discussed in this Episode:
Thank you for listening!
The information in this material is not intended as investment, tax, or legal advice. Please consult your advisor or tax professionals.