Welcome to Episode 14 of Retire Me!
On the show today, we talk about downsizing in retirement - selling your home approaching retirement and moving to a smaller place and potentially unlock some equity in your home to use to bolster your retirement income plan.
On the show we discuss:
- The factors that cause retirees to consider downsizing at retirement
- The financial benefits of downsizing
- How to estimate how much a downsizing will increase your lifestyle consumption in retirement
- The downsides and risks of downsizing
- Costs to factor in when considering a downsizing
- A set of steps that you can take if you are considering a downsizing at retirement to make sure that it is worthwhile
Resources used in this episode:
Thanks for listening!
The information in this material is not intended as investment, tax, or legal advice. Please consult your advisor or tax professionals.