Hello, and thank you for listening to Episode 12 of Retire Me!
Today on the show we do a portfolio triage for a hypothetical couple getting ready to retire this spring. Their portfolio has dropped from the beginning of the year, and they want to know if they can still retire?
I go through an example covering:
- Where they were starting from
- How much income they could safely generate in January
- Their portfolio after the market drop
- How we assess a new safe retirement plan
- Keys to success for a long-term retirement plan - flexibility and diversification
I will cover this in more detail in a video this week that I will post to the website.
I also provide an update on the new CERB program. The government announced some changes to the program over the weekend, and a schedule for people who wish to apply.
Thanks for listening!
The information in this material is not intended as investment, tax, or legal advice. Please consult your advisor or tax professionals.